Do you know how to make a WiFi hotspot on your computer?
If you have Windows 7 or 8, you can use the following command to easily create a WiFi access point. Of course, this makes sense, if you have cable Internet connected to the PC and it has a WiFi adapter.
- Open the command line (Start -> In the search box, type “cmd”, and after an icon appears on the top, use the right mouse button to click on it and select “Run as administrator”. A black command line window will appear.
- Type the following sequence of 3 commands
- netsh wlan show drivers
- netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=[MyNewWiFi] key= [password]
- [MyNewWiFi] – think of the name for your new network
- [password] – create a password for the network (key)
- Both the name and the key should be typed without brackets.
- netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Now your wireless devices should see the new network. Connect.